At Solihull Academy we believe in providing a nutritious and varied menu for our students. Our in house catering staff deliver an efficient and consistent service, and provide hot and cold choices at every meal. We have vegetarian options available at every sitting and our dessert of the day is always popular.
Free School Meals
If your child is eligible for ‘free school meals’ and you register them for this, we’ll receive extra funding called ‘pupil premium’. We use this extra money to improve the educational provision and resources at the school.
What is pupil premium funding?
Pupil premium funding from the government is given to schools to help pupils reach their full potential, regardless of their background or financial situation. It’s provided for pupils who:
• Are registered for free school meals
• Have been registered for free school meals at any point in the past 6 years
• Are, or have been, in care
• Have parents in the armed forces
At Solihull Academy, we get an extra £935 for every eligible pupil who is registered for free school meals. This extra money could make a real difference to the quality of education we offer.
For example, we’ve previously used pupil premium funding for:
• Educational provision/resources
• Academic interventions
• Wellbeing and self-esteem building interventions
Is my child eligible for free school meals?
Your child might be eligible if you access:
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
• Working Tax Credit run-on
• Universal Credit, provided you have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)